Black garlic is not grown. It is produced through a 21st century technical process. The bulbs of raw white garlic are fermented at a high heat and humidity for up to 90 days.
During the process, the sugars and amino acids in garlic react naturally together to produce melanoidin, a dark coloured substance. The result is a rich black colour and a unique taste and texture.
Unlike raw white garlic, black garlic has a complex flavour – a mix of the rich sweetness of molasses and the gentle savoury tang of balsamic vinegar. It’s texture is similar to a soft dried fruit.
No artificial colouring, additives or preservatives are used in ODC Healthcare’s product, which is grown organically.
1. Contains S-ally cysteine which makes it easy for the body to absorb
2. Loaded with 10 times the level of antioxidants found in normal garlic
3. Packed with more essential minerals than white garlic
4. Rich in vitamins, particularly Vitamin B6, which facilitates many metabolic processes
5. Leaves no smell of garlic on the breath
ODC Healthcare’s organic black garlic is available in three forms, to suit all individual tastes preferences.
Peeled Black Garlic
- For when you want to savour the semi-sweet slightly tangy taste of black garlic – as a snack, and as a replacement for ordinary garlic in a dish. This is unique to ODC Healthcare Products (Pte) Ltd.
- The fastest, easiest way to benefit from this super-food. Take 3 capsules, twice a day, after a meal. Each box contains 36 capsules, all sealed individual.
- To get more than your money’s worth. Remove the skin from each bulb and enjoy the cloves on their on, or as a flavouring in a meal. Place the skin in a cup, add boiling water, then sip as a tea.
For centuries, garlic has been seen as an important source of nutrition and a valuable healing agent. Today, a new, more powerful variation has emerged – black garlic.
Some dubbed it as a super-food, as it contains at least 10 times more antioxidants than a normal garlic, which are vital for the body to function at its best.
Black garlic has also become a taste sensation, with top chefs using it as a gourmet in the dishes, in place of white garlic.
ODC Healthcare Products black garlic is created through advanced Japanese food processing technology. We collaborate with renowned Japanese researchers to enhance organic black garlic’s benefits to help you lead a healthier life.